As a global leader in wholesale footwear, we’re always on alert for the latest news in shoes. A recent article at the Huffington Post revealed seven shoe shopping “rules” that every woman should keep in mind when shopping for the perfect pair of shoes. Some women have five or six pairs of shoes, others have dozens – or even more.
There is absolutely a “psychology” behind shoes and many women’s footwear fetishes; after all, shoes are just as much an accessory to a wardrobe as jewelry and the perfect scarf! Some women will force a pair of shoes that are too small to fit when the store is out of their true size. The fact is, for most women putting an outfit together includes just the right pair of shoes – otherwise, the entire look could be spoiled, simply because the shoes weren’t quite right. Wrong color, wrong style, there are many reasons the footwear you choose could go wrong when paired with a certain outfit.
Perhaps you bought a pair of shoes one morning and realized after wearing them out one evening they just weren’t comfortable. Maybe you’re one of the many women who have purchased a pair of shoes on impulse, regardless of whether you had anything in your closet to wear them with. Here are the seven essential “rules” of shoe shopping we hope you’ll find useful!
- First, make certain the shoes you choose will complement a wide array of your wardrobe options – spending money on shoes that go with only one outfit is a waste!
- Love sales? Ask yourself if the pair that’s on sale wasn’t on sale, would you pay regular price? If not, you probably don’t “love” the shoes.
- Your “real” shoe size occurs late in the day, after you’ve been running around and on your feet. Feet swell during the day, so don’t purchase a pair early in the morning – you’ll likely find they’re not nearly as comfortable at the end of the day.
- Before you go out to purchase a new pair of shoes, look at what you currently have. No sense in purchasing shoes that are similar to those you already have.
- Wear a size seven? Step up to a 7 1/2 – your feet will thank you.
- Choose a heel height in the style you like that you can live with – depending on your age or foot issues, sky-high heels are not the best choice for many women.
- Found a designer you love in terms of comfort and style? Buy a second pair. It’s rare you find shoes that not only look amazing, but are stylish AND comfy!
Keep these rules in mind the next time you shop for shoes, and truly love all the footwear in your closet!
At The Jay Group Ltd., our business is wholesale footwear distribution. We cater to domestic and international clients in need of stylish, quality shoes for domestic discount or flea market sales, kiosk sales, and companies who sell on the Internet. Rock-bottom prices, great footwear in both branded and unbranded styles.